Queenslands Gifts: Mt Bartle Frere




You can smell the perfume scent coming from the running water, flowing like an erupting volcano.
You hear the wind howling as it fades away, tumbling as it goes downhill. And the Birds whistling in the velvety sky, flowing within the wind.


Mt Bartle Frere is in far away North Queensland. The trees there are so green and they make Mt Bartle Frere look like it has a green velvet blanket thrown over it. Mt Bartle Frere is the largest mountain in Queensland.

When there, you see the water sparkling like diamonds in the rushing water. The trees sway like fish scampering from the each other . Also, you can hear the wind howling like a pack of wolves, as it rolls downhill.

When you get to the top it makes you feel like the wind is friendly by blowing on your cheek. The thing I like most about Mt Bartle Frere is that its quiet, calm, and pretty to look at !.With its soft, leafy green, glittery velvet rug over the top.

When there you close your eyes and listen to the swaying leaves on the trees, the love in the wind swaying things around, the birds chirping like the sound of a choir , the water flowing out of the waterfall and
splashing when it lands on the shiny
rocks, glimmering in the sun.

I think that you should go there, because look at these things I have written .Aren’t they beautiful ?. Close your eyes ………. what do you think you could do if you went there??. I’d climb It, and have a picnic at the top.









FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!