Sarah's Story.

I said I was sorry, but he wouldn’t listen to anything I said. I mean im his girlfriend, he should believe to me right? Sometimes I just don't understand Daniel at all, I mean one minute his the best boyfriend in the world and the next he is going insane because I did something wrong. Sometimes it feels like he just thinks it’s okay to hit me when he feels like it, I don't even do anything half the time he just hits me. I know I should tell someone or do something but i’m just too afraid to do anything about it, like sometimes I really fear for my life but I love him and that's what has kept me here for almost 3 years. You know the first year or so he never laid a finger on me, but everything changed that year his mother died, he just couldn’t handle anything anymore. He was really close to her and I guess it just tore him up a lot on the inside, but I mean that shouldn’t be an excuse to hit me whenever he can't handle things right? I just don't know what to do about anything anymore, my friends and family know what’s going on, it’s pretty hard to hide broken bones, yes that's how bad it got sometimes, they kept telling me “Sarah you have to leave him please darling, he is only hurting you and it will only get worse” my response was always “Everything is fine, Daniel never hurts me. I’m just really clumsy sometimes.” They all knew I was lying but what could I do to stop them from noticing when im hurt, nothing that's what. One day he just lost it completely and went upstairs and got a knife and told me if I ever left him or did anything wrong again he would kill me, now that was the time I said to myself, okay Sarah you really have to leave because this time he really is threatening your life. So the next day instead of going to work I went to see mum and dad, as soon as I told them everything they took me down to the station. I gave the police a statement, it was so hard not to cry and so hard to remember every single detail about everything that happened. That night the police came and took Daniel to the station and within a month or so he was in jail for good. I had to give a testimony in court but it was all worth it, now I’ve found someone else and im very happy with the way my life has turned out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!