Waves Of Loss

A nightmare that day was. The sand on that island’s beach looked like clear peace and serenity minutes before that beast invaded its space, leaving remains of burnt and crushed metal. But that plane did not only kill the beach and itself, it lost the lives of many passengers on board. Yes, a black letter day indeed.

Those who did survive scampered out of the ruins. They lay on the sand, trying to catch their breath. I was one of the lucky ones. You see, I didn’t have any other family on board, therefore I didn’t have the feeling of losing a loved one but I did have the pain of losing a stranger. Right now, one of the biggest problems on my mind was how we were going to get out of this miserable place called The Middle Of Nowhere.

Sunny, hot, blazing days went by. We had gotten attached to the island, used to it. I lay on the tiny beads of sand gazing out at the waves. Suddenly something hit me hard, deep down. I think it was a sign of misery, a sign of emotion, a sign of absolute despair.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!