Jayke And The Dragon

Once in a time of myth and magic a young knight was keeping guard at his post when he saw a little red light come straight for him! The young boy called Jayke ran for his life when he noticed it was a dragon. Jayke ran on and finally reached the kings chambers he yelled like he was going to say his last words, "Help sire the castle is being attacked! Call all the guards QUICKLY." The king arose and ran out in his pajamas and was terrified at the ugly, warty creature. It was the fiercest dragon of all time with exactly 500 sharp pointy teeth. It was as scaly as a fish crossed with a massive dinosaur! It was over 120 feet tall and weighed about 1200 kilograms.

Jayke and the king awoke all the guards in the whole castle and they set off with swords, shields and spears knowing that it could be their last fight. They threw spears but it just pricked the beast, he thought he was getting acupuncture. The dragon was growling and blowing flames every where. So far the dragon had killed at least a fifth of the knights that came to kill him. Jayke wanted to help but he was the king’s most loyal knight in the castle so he wanted Jayke to live for he could be king one day so Jayke stood back and watched his companions fight and die. Jayke knew that he was the kings favourite but the king didn’t hesitate about telling everyone in the kingdom about him.

Suddenly Jayke felt a strength grow inside of him an anger of some sort he felt angry for this massive dragon has killed his friends and even his best friend Daniel was dead directly in front of him head off and all. Jayke suddenly disobeyed the king’s orders and ran and jumped on the dragon with his sword in his mouth he ran up the tail to its head! The king cried out “Jayke there are other times you can be heroic, get down from there you will die other wise!” Jayke grabbed the sword from his mouth, the dragon ferociously banging his head around to knock Jayke off but Jayke held on he pierced the dragons skin and dug into the dragons brain with the sword suddenly their was a huge big cry from the dragon as he died, slowly and painfully.

Jayke jumped down to the king awaiting him. Jayke said slowly and steadily, “I told you I could help.” The king and Jayke laughed. Jayke became a knight and better yet he was the new prince!

Their was never a dragon to return to their castle ever again and with this Jayke and the king were forever happy!
The End!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!