A Comatosed Adventure

Let me tell you about an American import named Julius who is always trying to impress the Aussie boys. His apperance-WELL. Dark skin, curley black hair,limbs as thin as twigs,clothed in a floppy oversized red and white basketball singlet and wearing red Converse joggers. He also facied himself as a mad skatebord rider.
It was a different story on the night of Friday the 13th. Julius had arranged to meet a group of mates to have a 'skate off'. As he strutted towards the skate park with his board under his arm, he spotted Gabrielle, the girl of his dreams, out of the corner of his eye. 'now's my chance to impress her,' thought Julius. Next thing the big Julie is flat n his back after trying to pefrm a 360 degree jump. comatosed,
the journey begins...
julius finds himself entering a whole new world containing beautiful, sparkling waterfalls surrounded by giant plants, but what's this? A valley full of dead Dinosaur fossils. Needing a rest he headed to a little river beneath the waterfall. As he reached in to have a drink something swam past him. He peered closely into the water and suddenly out of nowhere jumped what appeared to be a giant fish. Julius and board stumbled back onto the rocks. It was not a giant fish;it was a mermaid with lovely red flowing hair, swishing her beautiful green tail. The mermaid stared at him in a curious manner and Julius's heat started pumping. The mermaid just gave a giggle and swam away. Once again the skateboard took control leading Julius further towards the center of the Earth. Things start heating up. The surrounding air becomes heavy and he has trouble breathing. Julius can hear loud exploding noises that sound like a fireworks display. He shoots past huge lava flows and red rocky Mountains. Brimstone particles attack his eyes and his feet begin to heat up as his skateboard starts smouldering. "We need to get out of here," he screamed. Fourtunately his friend the skateboard does a quick turn and flies back to the inviting river and plunges in skateboard and all. As the skateboard lets off steam and Julius floats lifelessly on the water he feels a gentle hand stroking his hot brow. The words 'Julius, Julius' start ringing in his ears. It's the mermaid... No it's Gabrielle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!