Fear Of The Morning

It was fear that brought the life of Mr. Banksworth to an end that no one could have predicted. Mr. Banksworth had underestimated the businessman Mr. Gilga. Mr. Banksworth was forced to call for help from the notorious mobster who was known as a crook, a dirty dealer, who had the weaponry and intelligence to bring anyone who got in his way to a gruesome, horrific end.
A few months before Mr. Banksworth died he called upon Mr. Gilga for a loan of $15,000 to help his business selling bookmarks and postcards to tourists. Mr. Banksworth knew who Mr. Gilga was and what he had done to many who stood in his way, in fact there was a rumor that he had killed Mr. Banksworth’s father.
Once Mr. Banksworth met face to face with Mr. Gilga, a fear grew in his head and he felt as if a caterpillar was encased in his spine and was tingling its way out. Sweat dripped from Mr. Banksworth's forehead.
Mr. Gilga started in a harsh tone, ' how much you want?’ Mr. Banksworth was gazing into his soul, time passed and sweat dripped down his cheek. 'Answer me boy, you don't want to mess with me, your father learnt that the hard way', he pointed to the staircase where a human head was hoisted on the ceiling above a plaque stating;
'MR BANKSWORTH SENIOR’
Mr. Banksworth spoke, yet very nervously, 'so it's true, you killed my...,'
'Killed is such a strong word, personally I prefer the word slaughtered' Mr. Gilga said in a harsh, unsympathetic and mocking tone.
Mr. Banksworth left with his $15,000 and three months to re-pay it. However, his mother died and the funeral cost him $6,000. When the payment was due he was $6000 short. This put him in serious danger and guaranteed to be dead by the morning.
Mr. Banksworth lay in bed that night and could not sleep. All he heard was the ticking of his Grandfather Clock, and the strike on each hour.
It was six o’clock when Mr. Banksworth opened his eyes and felt alive. But the lock on the bedroom door broke and in stepped one of Mr. Gilga’s henchmen, he stood there with a sharp axe and a body bag. In his life Mr. Banksworth was a good man, gave to charity, had faith in God and cared for everyone but this couldn’t save him from the wrong kind of people. At one minute past six, Mr. Banksworth watched in horror as the axe hacked into his flesh several times and innocent blood was spilt over the bed sheets before he blacked out and died.
As a reader, you are probably thinking it unfair that an innocent person was hacked to death, while a blood thirsty killer and mobster got away without any punishment. I can tell you that life is not fair, you can all make choices, and one wrong choice could lead to a scenario of fatality and great horror.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!