The 7 Giants - A Fractured Fairy Tale

Thump, thump, thump! The ground shook amazingly hard as seven Giants… Smiley, Frowny, Cranky, Dozey, Dreamy, Hoppy and the youngest Silly were playing tiggy outside a Barbers shop. This shop was owned by their mother and this Giant family lived at the top of the beanstalk.

Their mother had to go out that evening. After she had gone, Smiley the eldest son thought it would be fun to explore what was down the beanstalk. They went to the very tip of the beanstalk. They started climbing down. Silly, the youngest, thought it was a long, long way down but with encouraging words from his brothers he eventually regained confidence.

When they finally reached the bottom of the beanstalk their eyes widened. This magical place was filled with extraordinary colours; it wasn’t just white like where they came from. They started exploring. Just then they heard something twitching in the bushes. Suddenly seven huge nets flew at the seven Giants and covered their great bodies. Before the Giants knew it, they found themselves on a gigantic piece of wood with wheels underneath it. They were wheeled into a cell as big as the castle its self and they spent the night there.

The other six Giants were furious at Smiley for getting them into this mess. The Giants didn’t know what to do; they were tired and extremely hungry. The next morning the Giants could hear a bell ringing. After the bell had stopped about sixty men came into the cell and collected the Giants. The men took the Giants into the swamp. In the swamp there were many women, men and children clapping and laughing at the jester who was on the stage.

When the jester finished his performance, a man wearing a sparkling crown walked onto the stage. All went quiet. All Smiley could comprehend was “Magic Competition.”

Men came and put the Giants on a separate stand each. Seven men walked up to a long, bright red line, they spoke words of magic. All of a sudden, Smiley turned into a purple donkey. All seven of the giants were turned into weird and wonderful things. Everyone laughed at them.

The Giants whispered a plan to each other. The next man turned Smiley into a live, talking dwarf! They all touched each other and suddenly, they all turned into dwarfs! The seven now dwarfs jumped up and ran as quickly as their little legs could go.

After running for hours through the swamp, they spotted a little cottage. They walked in and saw a beautifully furnished kitchen and a dazzling lounge room! They walked into the bedroom and…..there were seven beds all beautifully made. They all agreed that they liked it here and wanted to stay.

So now the seven dwarfs live in a cottage in the swamp and were never to be seen again until a girl came knocking at their door one day. She had pitch black hair, pale skin and lips as red as roses...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!