NFL From The Trenches

The gunshots were piercing my eardrums. I could hear this beeping noise repeating it’s self I screamed for Private Miller and Captain Kozark to fall back. My voice preached through the air. They ran back with big leg strides leaving a milky thick sweat dripping from their foreheads.
The bomb exploded, the flames shot up into the sky like a dragon’s breath. Private Miller was caught in the hot flames. He was rolling on the ground like a snake, but eventually he passed away.
Captain Kozark was on the ground covering his head for safety precautions, I ran over with the helping hand and helped Kozark up. As I pulled him back onto his feet I saw big blurs coming towards us. Approaching through the mists, I knew to use my first instinct. “Enemy” screamed kozark. I pulled his hand with my cold hands and shoved him over my broad shoulders, stumbling but I am still determined to make it back to base.
As I trotted back to base with my metal solid heart I gave him to the medic and wished him luck.
I crept back to my tent and grabbed my Wilson Junior NFL ball and asked the boys if they want to go have throw. They replied with a joyful yes. “James heads up!”
Said private Thomson, “you know that Brady over their use to be in the NFL but now he is a scout” said Lieutenant Dalls “yeah but what is he doing in a joint like this” said Sergent Walburb, there was no reply.
It was time to hit the hay, I went to bed thinking of what lays beyond.
As the sky brightened up, And as the sun raised higher and higher the brightness of the sun shone through the tent into my eyes. I woke up In a heap I was as red as a tomato.
I checked my Cell phone It read “1 new message” by sergeant culpose “ the enemy forfeited the serge suffered a minor heart attack, he is in intensive care reclaiming his inner strength.
In I hour a jeep will come past, for know send your location we will come right by and pick you up.” I sent my location in a hurry.
I could hear an engine humming like a beat up old truck, I moved my feet in a distinctive way and pulled the tent open with shivering hands. The sky was bright. I saw a jeep it was serge so I grabbed my bag and I ran through the bushes fast, like a leopard. I put my bag in the back and I hopped in the front. “ Hey Brady” said I “oh Hey, I was watching your skills for Gridiron and I was wondering do you want to be a receiver for the New England Patriots in NFL, It’s alright I talked it over with the co-ordinator” said Brady “okay” said I It was a 2 day drive to New England, And I saw the stadium approaching me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!