Jean Goes Green

Jean goes Green.

On a dark, cloudy morning, Jean woke up slowly. She opened her curtains and saw what a miserable day it was going to be. “If only there was something that would make the days more happy”, Jean said to herself. But no time for stalling now, Jean had to get to work.

In the city of Melbourne, the council was held. Jean worked as a councilor and kept lookout on the environment. Day after day, more litter was going onto the streets. “Come on peoples, this is serious! Our Earth will be lost if we don’t start to aware the world!” Jean said loudly. The other councilors didn’t care one bit.
Jean got home late and went into her study room/machine room. There was a pile of old tire, metal, old buttons and wires lying on the ground waiting to be used. She thought and thought of what she could do. “A time machine, an energizer machine, what could I do?” Jean said to herself. “Aha! I’ve got it, a Green Machine!” She had to do a lot of planning and gather a lot of equipment to make the certain machine. “Let’s get to work!” Jean said cheerfully.

Dusk came; Jean was sleeping on the desk with wire and cables all over it. It was 9.00 and Jean was late for work. Travelling into Melbourne with fear written across her face, “Please don’t get fired”, Jean was hoping. “I’m here”, Jean said as she was puffed of running. “Ok” said the lead councilor. The discussion began. Hours flew past as they were talking. “Well we have to a decision that, hey what is that?” said the lead councilor as he was questioning what was out the window. “What?” questioned Jean as she looked out the awfully big window. They all came to look out. “Oh my goodness,” Jean said in shock. The whole city of Melbourne was full of litter, fumes and cars. “We have to do something!” Jean quickly ran to her car and drove straight home. Ran to the study/machine room and started building the machine.
After 5 hours of hard working, Jean had a break. She turned on the T.V and watched the news. “Hi I’m Kevin Broccoli. The current news now is that Melbourne is being attacked by The Mean Greens…..” said the news reporter Kevin. “This is outrageous! I have to do something! ” said Jean in more shock. Without any rest, Jean had to finish her machine.

The Mean Greens were still in action and Jean was still working. Time was running out. “Boom, Bang, BUNG!” The machine was up and running! Jean quickly took it and drove into Melbourne. The Mean Greens were having a break down in one of the alley ways. "Guess who?" Jean said without The Mean Greens noticing."KABOOM!" went the machine as it turned The Mean Greens, into Super Greens! The world was a whole lot happier now it was greener than ever!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!