ZOBARTA AND THE EVIL MAN

It was a lovely summer’s night so Mum said we could all sleep outside in the tent. Dad put the tent up on our lawn and we got our sleeping bags and pillows. Mum made us popcorn and then went inside the house to do some cleaning. We played games and told some jokes. Then Dad came out to see how we were going and we asked him to tell us a story. Dad said if we all get in our sleeping bags and listen quietly he would tell us a story that his Grandfather told him when he was a little boy.

A long, long time ago there lived a very old evil man. He was a strange looking old man with pale skin and long white hair. He wore a black cloak and had a cane. The evil man had destroyed a city a hundred years ago and now he was back to ruin another city, but he didn’t know that he was being watched by an alien named Zobarta.

Zobarta was an alien from planet Mars. He had two antennas coming out of his head with big eyeballs on each end, two enormous pointed ears, four arms, a long tail and his skin was red with blue spots. Zobarta was a very kind, caring alien and he was also very brave.

The evil man was talking to his servant telling him about wanting to rule the world and making everyone his slave. Zobarta was listening to the evil man’s plans and was thinking of a way to defeat the evil man. Zobarta heard that at midnight the evil man was going to cast a spell on the entire city so all the people would obey him.

Zobarta got in his spaceship and flew up into the air above the big city. He then used his magical powers to hide the entire city from people outside. So when the evil man came up to where the city was he saw nothing except empty fields. He huffed in disgust and turned and walked away never to return again. Zobarta had used his intelligence and magical powers to save his home from the old evil man.

Suddenly we heard a noise, something was outside the tent. We could see the outline of a large creature with giant pointed ears, antennas coming out of its head; it had four arms and a long tail. It looked just like the alien from Dad’s story. We were so scared, it was right outside and then we heard it unzipping the tent. There was no way out of the tent so we just hid in our sleeping bags. It was coming right into the tent and then we heard it say something that no children ever want to hear. We pretended not to hear it but it said those terrible words again. Do you want to know what it said?

“C’mon kids, it’s bedtime!” It was just our Mum. Even us aliens hate bedtime.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!