Kevin's Day

One day, Kevin was sitting down watching TV when his mum came in and turned it off.
"Aw, it was my favourite show" said Kevin.
"Can you come help me with the gardening?" asked mum.
"I don’t want to" moaned Kevin.
"Alright, but you can go out and play footy with Jake," said mum trying to convince him to do something physical.
Jake was Kevin’s best friend and lived next door. Meanwhile mum put Kevin’s little brother, Ben, on the couch and turned on the TV. The show that Ben was going to watch was called Captain Baby. In the middle of the show there was a funny part.
Ben said “Mama, come watch.”
“Coming,” called mum.
It was really funny, so mum laughed loudly. Unfortunately, the person living opposite Kevin’s house was asleep and mum’s laughing woke him up. Angrily, he walked up to Kevin’s house and knocked. Mum opened the door.
“Hi,” she said.
“Your laughing woke me up,” said the man.
“Oh, sorry,” said mum.
“You’d better not do it again!” shouted the man.
“Alright,” said mum.
Then Kevin returned from play.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!