Kidnapped!

I woke up. At least I thought I did. Everything was still black. I was throbbing all over. My head, arms and feet hurt. I tried to make sense of why I hurt. But I couldn’t.

The door opened letting a flood of light in the room. Through the thin layer of material someone had put over my eyes I could see two men and one carried a knife. I was frightened. I shook quietly with tears.
I also could see another figure. But she was lying down.

I tried to talk to her. But it was no use, she would not talk back. Maybe she couldn’t. Maybe she was unconscious.
“Hello? Can you hear me?” I whispered.
There was only silence.

I tried every few hours. I had lost track of time. It might have been 4 days, but I couldn’t tell. I had to rely on my smell, hearing and talking.

On day 10 when they opened the door again, I noticed a sharp looking rock right next to the other girl. A little streak of hope washed through me.

Once I was sure they had gone I tried again. This time, asking her a different question.
“I know you can’t talk, but I think I can get us out of here. Right next to you is a sharp rock. If you can reach it please try and hit it over here.”

I could hear that she was trying to move. After hours she was able to kick it with her foot. I caught it and hacked away at the ropes binding my hands.

I was free! I hurried over to her and hacked her bindings too.

I saw a small window on the far wall. I think we could fit. So I helped her through and I followed.

Outside looked like nowhere I have ever seen before. It was a dark street and there were no lights anywhere. I ran with her to the closest building and I knocked heavily on the door.

A man opened the door. He had sandy brown hair and a knife in one hand.
I screamed and ran as fast as I could with the other girl. She was semi-conscious and wasn’t very heavy.

I ran through the forest, or was it trees, tripping and stumbling. But couldn’t stop for if I did he would catch me.

I came to a road full of cars. I ran out onto the road leaving her on the edge.
“STOP.” I screamed.
One red car stopped. The woman driving stepped out and came over to me. I was sobbing so hard it was hard to get the words out. I managed to tell her about the girl on the side of the road. She called an ambulance.

Somehow the nightmare still comes back, after 4 years. They never caught the man who did this to me. Now at night am scared to go to sleep, scared to even turn out the lights.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!