Koby And The Tiny Dragon

Just yesterday Koby graduated from day care and was now ready for prep. Finally, the day had come for his first day at Coomera Springs State School.

“Cant wait to see my new class room.” Said Koby excitedly. “Yeah, well I’ve already seen it. It’s so not fair that you get a better, newer, nicer and bigger classroom” Complained Alex his sister. “Ha-ha. I got the best classroom and you didn’t.” Cheered Koby.

As soon as Koby entered his brand new classroom he went straight to his desk to unpack all his items that he might need during his first year at school. He had a dragon pencil case with dragon pencils and stationary inside, but Koby noticed an unusual moving creature with smoke coming out of his nose. Koby gasped quietly so Miss Colley did not notice that he had a dragon in his pencil case.

When lunch time came Koby sat with his new friend Jonathon and told him about the dragon in his pencil case. It was only when playtime came he had a chance to see what his dragon could do.

After school he told Alex about the dragon. “As if you had a dragon in your pencil case you little weirdo, you probably just imagined it.” said Alex. “Don’t believe me, then take look at this....” Said Koby. “AAAGGGGHHHHH, MUM THERE’S A DRAGON IN THE CAR AND ITS BREATHING SMOKE!” screamed Alex.

“Look Mum this is what I found in my pencil case...Its name is Smoky” said Koby excitedly. “And look what it can do! Come on Smoky, tell us a joke….” said Koby “Why was six afraid of seven?” said smoky. “Why” said everyone. “Because seven eight nine!” Squeaked Smoky in fits of laughter as smoke came out of his nose, everyone giggled.

Smoky said another joke “Knock-Knock” “Who’s there!” said everyone.” Howard”” Howard who?” they said. “Howard you like a big smack on the bottom!!!” Said Smoky with a huge big grin.” Yes please” Said Alex just being cheeky.

Koby’s friends Joel and Lachlan and their parents Louise and Jack came to visit and quick as a flash Koby ran to his room to hide Smoky in the wardrobe and said to him, “Smoky I am going to show you to Joel and Lachlan so you must promise me that you’ll stay hidden “OK” said Smoky in a squeaky voice.

Koby rushed back into the living-room to greet his friends and to get them into his room. “Cool, you’ve changed your room around.” Said Joel “Not that, this....” explained Koby “Wow wow wow wow! A real dragon? Said Joel “it sure is!” said Koby. And they spent the afternoon listening to Smokey’s jokes until there stomachs were sore from laughing too much.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!