New Life

One day I was practicing in a band called New Life, which was a Christian rock band. We were only beginners and had a rival band, Electro. We were having a face off and we were to go first. We had everything in place.
“Hey Speedze,” called Flame, “go turn the so called guitar hero’s amp up to the maximum volume and everything else. We don’t want them playing.”
A few minutes later… “Flame, every thing’s up to da max,” replied Speedze.
“Good.”
As we started playing and I hit the strings, the electricity shock was so strong that the world got struck by lightning.
Three hours later I woke up and found my band was still knocked out. When I was about to strum again I saw lightning striking the strings from my fingers. It was very strange but then I figured it out, I was filled with loads of electrons.
When the band members finally woke up, James our keyboardist started playing and the keyboard started glowing. When Dave our drummer hit the snare, he was playing like Joey Jordison. Then Joe our bass player started playing, lightning came out of his fingers striking the bass.
Our band started playing like Electro, only better. When we finished playing we found out we were playing to no audience. Eventually we figured out that everyone disappeared. If everyone disappeared, why didn’t we? Were we the only ones who didn’t disappear? I realised that when I hit the strings, so many electrons filled the entire band. While we were knocked out, the electrons and the magnetite came together and formed new life. We were human, but we could produce lightning and magnetic fields.
We think we have the world to ourselves and don’t know what to do. So we decide to check out the population of the world’s most popular game. The population was zero. Then as I turned off the computer, I shut down as well. When James turned it on again, I turned back on. I started to type for song chords and the keyboard started to glow. I sank into the keyboard and I became the whole computer.
‘Let me out, let me out!’ I shouted. Suddenly, millions of Christian songs came up. What made it happen? Was it that it read my mind of what I wanted to find? Or was it that I could hack anything? I don’t know! When I put my memory on the computer I came out. We selected the songs we wanted to play and found we could play what we wanted to automatically.
Then a nuclear explosion suddenly happened and we got caught in it. We were in another world of weird stuff like portals and things that can transform. We went to explore. (Join the band in book #2)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!