Vertical Pop

I woke up. My dad opened the door and said,"We are going to finish our fishing trip." So dad and I went fishing.My friend Jade came too.

Jade and I went down to the water and fished. Jade hooked a fish but the fish pulled her into the river. "Help!" she screamed as I grabbed hold of her hands and began pulling her out of the water.

On Jade's leg there was a Vertical Pop. A Vertical Pop has eight legs and is pink and purple. It is a creature that lives in a river.

I pulled the Vertical Pop off Jade's leg and put it in a jar. We went home.

Jade's mum took her to the doctors.

One week later Jade's leg was better. It was sharing time at school so we shared the Vertical Pop with our class. Jade's leg began to hurt. "My leg," screamed Jade, "it is hurting."
"Jade , you'll be fine," said the teacher, "your doctor said so!"

The next day my friend Ally said,"She's fine."

One month later Jade came to my house and we fed the Vertical Pop some fruit. Jade said, "We'll have to give you a name. I know, you're going to be known as popcorn from now on."

"Call the petshop to check what else we can feed Popcorn."
"He eats books o.k. He eats food and soft drink too. He eats CD's and clocks. Popcorn eats everything!"

Jade and I made the Vertical Pop, I mean Popcorn, our pet from that day onwards.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!