Jack And The Wizard

Jack and the Wizard
by Holly Power

One Monday morning Jack was running late for school as usual, he looked at his watch and realised he was really late for class,so he started to sprint as fast as he could, when all of a sudden the worst thing happened, he fell over. There was a massive brown book in the middle of the path that he hadn’t seen. He picked it up and had no idea what to do with it, so he put it in his school bag, looked around and kept on running. That day he kept hearing voices saying “Jack”, “Jack”. He tried to ignore them because he thought he was going crazy. That afternoon Jack ran home and got the book out straight away, he opened it and a big wizard popped up from out of the book. The wizard said “Jack, as long as you have this book you will have good luck. I will follow you around but only you will be able to see me. If you don’t want good luck anymore you must go to your fear and beat it.” Jack look at the wizard as if he was some crazy person. Jack did not believe a word he said.

The next day Jack forgot to take the book out of his bag, at morning tea he opened his lunch box, he had never seen it so colourful before. It was full of all his favourite lollies. He could not believe his eyes. The wizard told him what to eat first, Jack told him to stop it and to leave him alone, everybody looked at him wondering who he was talking to. After morning tea had finished, he went to sport. They were playing dodge ball. Jack didn’t like dodge ball, he couldn’t miss one ball. Today however, he did and he won!

Jack couldn’t believe it the wizard was right! The wizard eventually got so annoying, as he kept on telling Jack what to do and how to do it, he would not stop talking and giving orders. After having good luck for a while, it got boring. Jack did not want the wizard anymore. “I do not want good luck anymore” he told the wizard. The wizard replied “If you don’t want good luck anymore, you have to pat a dog.” Jack really didn’t like dogs and he would not go near one, because when he was little a dog jumped on him and bit him on the wrist and he had nine stitches.

Jack wanted the wizard to go away really badly, so he decided to go to the pound. At the pound he got to pat a cute puppy and while he was patting the puppy his hand kept shaking, but the puppy liked it and so did Jack. His mum decided to buy Jack the puppy. A new relationship started with his new friend Spot the dog.

Jack kept the book for memories and just in case he needed some good luck again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!