Miranda And Kip



If there ever was a story on true friendship, this would be the one of Miranda and Kip.

Ever since that dreadful day, when Kip was unexpectedly taken away.

She arrived to be Miranda’s house-maid. She knew she would never, ever be paid.

Miranda begged that Kip be free, her parents said they would have to see.

Miranda came from a wealthy house, Kip without a single ounce.

Their friendship rapidly grew stronger, then when they were told that Kip could stay no longer.

Miranda’s father didn’t like kip making Miranda her mate, so before the decision was too late.

He explained to Miranda he did not like Kip’s race, Miranda could not care less in this case.

She told him if Kip was to go, she had no choice but to declare “NO”.

Miranda stayed up with Kip all night, convincing her it would be all right.

That evening Miranda hugged her pillow tight, the thought, gave her such a fright.

She knew her father would not let it be, or simply just let Kip be free.

Then she heard a thunderous gun shot sound, and her stomach turned in a knot all bound.

She burst into tears and collapsed on the floor. Honestly she could take no more.

Years and years soon passed by, and people often wondered why.

Miranda never got over Kip, now that’s the value of true friendship.

Miranda imagines Kip up there, when she quietly says a prayer.



By Jacqueline Drake

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!