Panic At The Disco

Waiting for the car was agonizing. Kirsten was taking way too long to get to Marianne’s house. As she waited she imagined pictures out of the water droplets forming on her window. They were falling like a river on a white water rafting trip. She sat on the edge of her bed and waited patiently in silence listening to the pitter patter of the rain falling.

After a while she got bored and headed down stairs. Marianne heard the loud honk of Kirsten’s car as it pulled up in the drive. She opened up the brown paned door and stepped out into the bright sunshine as the rain had stopped about a half an hour ago. She clambered into the car and sat down patiently as Kirsten started the car. They made their way around many roundabouts and through many cross roads until they reached their destination.

They pulled up outside the disco and climbed out of the car. They had a big stretch and strode into the town hall. The minute they walked in they were surrounded by disco lights and dancing figures prancing around the room. They headed over to the refreshments table and got a drink and walked around the room. After a while people started to see and smell a wafting black line of smoke. People immediately made their way out of the town hall and were evacuating the building.

Just as Marianne was making her way out the back door the town hall collapsed in the fire and smoke. She was pinned under a long and heavy piece of silverwork wood. She pulled and struggled against the wood but to no avail. Marianne was pinned under the wood and she knew there was no way out. She called out to Kirsten and she pelted over like a bullet being shot out of a gun. She heaved and heaved but she wasn’t able to move the large timber frame out of the way either. Shortly after was trapped under the wood frame a bystander called the CFA to come and put out the fire.

They pulled her out and extinguished the fire. The sound of an ambulance could be heard from a distance away. The ambulance pulled up to were Marianne was sitting and carried her on a stretcher to the car and drove her to the ambulance. At the hospital the doctors told Marianne’s parents that she would have to be in a wheelchair as both of her legs were broken from the impact of the wood falling on Marianne’s legs. From then on Marianne had to go to a physiatrist for physiotherapy on her leg. After a few months Marianne was able to walk and was up and about, walking around and going to parties just as any normal girl would. But…………
She was scarred for her whole life about going into buildings and places that had a roof.
Some might just call her mentally unstable!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!