Haunted House

The shadow is getting closer by the second, behind me I am still turning the doorknob, with my sweaty hands, wishing it would somehow unlock.
It wasn’t long before when I was lying in my bed, trying to get some sleep, when I heard someone scream from the house next door, which is known as the haunted house to everyone in my street. This happens every night and by now I was starting to get used to it, but no one knows what is hidden in that house. No one has ever gone in that house other than Violetta and some of the other orphans. Violetta was an orphan, ever since she moved to the haunted house, which used to be an orphanage; she had been the saddest kid alive! Violetta thought that no one understood her,
so she suicided. Everyone in orphanage started to die one by one. Since then, the orphanage was known as the haunted house! I wanted to find what was in that house, and prove everyone wrong. So I went in, but now I regret it more than ever.
The shadow had disappeared, “That was close,” I thought to myself. I ran to another room and shut the door, so that the ghost won’t follow me. When I looked behind me, I saw a rope and Violetta was hung on it. I was disgusted, by the smell. I tried opening the door, but it was locked just like the front door. “Oh no, how could I get myself in a trap like this?” I asked myself.
It was a deep, dark and evil silence, the rope Violetta was tied on had disappeared. Violetta was standing there ready to drink my blood. The doors locked, I don’t know what to do, and I just froze.

I could feel the blood getting out of me and into Violetta’s mouth. I knew I was going to die soon, I could feel it in my body. Suddenly, it was just darkness, I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t feel my body, I WAS DEAD! I could see the room again, I had my same body, but I couldn’t touch anything. Whenever I tried to touch something my hand just went through it. I AM A GHOST!

Here is my advice about ghosts. Ghosts are everywhere, there is probably one right next to you, but they can’t drink your blood unless you’re in the haunted house. So beware of the haunted house!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!