Rage

As Rage entered the garden, a hazy feeling swept over him. The kind of smell that would have been expected was enhanced. At first, it was overwhelming. He had been sent to this place to control his anger, only to find himself dazzled. All sense of being was gone. He stood there with a blank expression on his face, as if time didn’t exist.
“Where am I? Wasn’t I in that garden?” asked Rage.
“Don’t feel confused... don’t feel angry... please don’t,” said a voice...
The surroundings were suddenly black, leaving only a trace of Rage’s childhood memories. His mind was bewildered and that bewilderment became anger. The memories became darker. As he became enraged, the mystifying voice became softer.
“Remember to control your temper...”
Rage was infuriated by that same mysterious voice. He lashed out at the darkness around him, only to anger himself more. The memories faded away and so did his hands. The more angry he became, the more of his body he lost. Realising this, he became aware that his anger was destroying him. His friends, his dad and his pet dog appeared, only to fade into the darkness. It was as if this darkness was torturing him.
Sadness filled him as soon as he realised what was happening to him. His anger was ruining his life. There was a longing for his mother to return. His tears dropped down his cheeks, filling him with grief. As this happened, the darkness slowly faded away, leaving a mist. Wiping away his tears, he was further confused by the abrupt change of the background. All around him were brief hints of raging monsters growling in fury. However, there were also brief glimpses of beautiful beasts bouncing around with ... joy.
“Joy, I wonder what it feels like,” Rage asked.
“It is a feeling of contentment and cheerfulness. It symbolises the pleasure of being around others and supporting them. True joy can only be felt when all the anger inside of someone has disappeared. Do you feel joy?” asked that odd yet soothing voice.
“Please guide me, show me how to be kind and not feel resentment. Is it possible?”
As soon as those words were said, the mist cleared and in front of Rage was that same garden. The only differences were the scent and there was an angelic figure standing far away. As that figure approached, it appeared to be a woman. She was the one who was going to train him.
“Are you the one who was sent here to be trained by me?”asked the woman.
Rage nodded.
“Then please, step forward. Can you do it?”
He stepped forward and suddenly an atmosphere of tranquillity swept over him. He felt ready to be trained; to feel joy; to feel like a true friend.
“I’m ready.”
“Then let’s begin your training...”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!