James Malay And The Dragon

A hundred years ago in a big dark forest in Forest land there was a knight called James Malay and a faithful dragon. James Malay was stocky and had brown hair and dark green eyes. One day he was walking down a hill heading towards a circle surounded by trees and bushes. There was a small house in the middle of the circle. James Malay walked to the house and opened the door. As he opened the door there was a big BANG!! It sounded like a gun shot. James saw a hole in the door and a spear lodged firmly in the tree behind the door. James knew that it was the spear of a war man who wanted to kill him. James hopped on his faithful dragon and he saw ten lions and about twenty war men. He scurried back to his castle to collect some weapons.

The next day James Malay decided to go back to the circle with his spears, an axe and a hammer. The war men and the lions were not there. James climbed up a tall bendy tree and hid behind a large branch and was ready to fight.

James Malay heartd a whistle and then 10 lions came out into the circle. James speared a lion and his faithful dragon coughed a fire ball and it struck a lion, burning him to a crisp. The war men came out with their guns.

James Malay grabbed his deadly hammer and he threw it and it hit two war men. James suddenly got struck on his chest and all the war men saw him in the tree. All the war men circled the tree and aimed their spears and fired at James. James fell out of the tree and the warmen said, "Ohhhh, nice supper".

All of a sudden the faithful dragon swooped down and gently scooped up James Malay in his wings. Dragon took James to the castle. One spear had gone through James' armour and straight into his heart. The faithful dragon snapped the spear from James' body as it lay still and silent. Suddenly the silence is broken and James says his lasts words to his faithful dragon. "Thank you for being my faithful dragon". James falls silent and dies.

At sunset the faithful dragon buries James Malay under the tall bendy tree on the edge of the circle where he had fought the war men and the lions. THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!