Carved On The Stone

Holding my hands, there was too much tension within every kiss that night,
And I was afraid, coz I felt something wasn’t right.
Before you left I held us as hard as I can, and you held back real tight.
At the moment I thought it’d be all right.

Then you started to let go, tears swelled up in your eyes,
I begged to know, if this would be the last time.
You whispered in my ear, that no matter what you’ll always be mine.

So where are you now, I tried to search but never found.


So I changed, but things weren’t the same, now I sing the world like its my stage, buh I never found fame. Coz its all in ur name, im still waiting on the day, when you arrive on my balcony, holding out a ring, will you marry me. you stole urself from my life, buh I can still dream, you are so mean, for leaving me.

I finally turned to the stone, that iv been leaning on while u were gone. Its been three years, its been countless tears, and im left drowning in my fears.
Just leaning on this stone, and im all alone. Remembering how this used to be ur favourite place, reminiscing our last time we were here. You said no matter what’s going on, come here and everythings gone. It's a place to be free, a wonderful and quite place to dream. Somehow I feel you knew this would happen, that I’d come here when im broken and I’d feel alive. The last time we were here, the sun shone upon the cemetery, u said this is where u’d like to get married. And I came here every time you wanted, hoping u’de put the ring on me. Three years later your gone, but it feels as though you're here with me. Where could you be, can’t u see, im nothing now baby.

Then I turned to the stone, whose been carrying me while u were gone. I wanted to apologise to the dead, who were quite while I said,
what I had to say, and cried my pain away. And it held me, the stone that belonged to a soulless body,and it was you. And I left with a smile on my face, now I know why this was ur favourite place.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!