I Wish I Had Super Powers

“Don’t, I can’t! Come on! Don’t close; don’t close,” I keep chanting these words to myself, “OKAY! Fine, you win!” Finally the war is over and my eyelids close for the first time in 15 hours.
I turn over onto my stomach and lay on my hands, (that makes me fall asleep faster) and try to ignore the yapping of the stupid dog from next door. I wished that I could have powers, like shooting flames from my hands, or something like that. Then I could shoot flames onto the dog, and maybe not hurt him, but just scare him, so he can shut up.
I burry my face into my pillow and ignore all sounds, then suddenly, I fall asleep.

I wake up getting off a bus and start to have a normal conversation with myself, in my head. HOW WEIRD AM I?? I walk to the stairs and then decide to take the lift because my leg hurt a little.
I get off the lift and start the walk to school, but I am not in my school uniform, I am in free dress.
I walk to the lower campus where my first class is. I dump my bag at the port racks and walk to the tuckshop, not meeting anyone on the way. I ring the bell for service and ask for a bacon and egg muffin. Then I walk back to my classroom, but something really weird happens and the scene changes from a school to a flat grassy plain.
Suddenly everyone is around me, friends and family, and don’t forget ENEMIES. The really weird thing is that we weren’t fighting my enemies we were fighting with them! We were fighting against some other people who I had never seen before.
I felt tingling in my fingers and then I saw the same battle but out of someone else’s eyes and also seeing out of mine. I don’t know how I did it, but I felt I had to do something. So I concentrated hard and pushed my hands forward, but nothing came out, but something came out of one of my friends hands. It was fire!
Big fire balls came shooting toward these people. Then all of a sudden, the fire vanished. There was one person who caught the balls and threw them back to me. I grabbed one, expecting it to hurt, but it just felt like catching a normal ball, but very heavy. I heaved it back at the enemies and knocked a few people out. Then I made a huge ring of fire around the other people so that they could not escape. Again the fire vanished and more flames came shooting at us, this time I concentrated even more and drew a big fiery wall between us and the enemies. The balls just sank into the wall, making it larger and a big roar of happiness filled my ears.

“No, I had the watch first!” I hear one of my brothers’ yell.
I open my eyes slowly and still wish I was in my dream with my super powers. But, it was just a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!