Saying Goodbye

Saying Goodbye

There are different types of saying goodbye. “Goodbye, see you tomorrow!” is a happy goodbye, with the expectation you will see the other person again. I have said that a thousand times, and probably will say it another thousand times!

There is: “Goodbye!” tearfully, when someone is going for a long trip. Hugs and kisses all around.

But the last type is the one I have to say now. “Goodbye”. There really is nothing else to say, nothing else you can do when your mum is dying. Just goodbye; no words can express what you say, when the person has helped, nurtured you your whole life. Those words seem so devoid of emotion, nothing can convey that emotion. Thankfulness, sorrow, and countless other emotions you want to squeeze into one little word. Nothing can achieve it; nothing can thank her enough for what she has done. Just goodbye, and move on, which seems heartless! Nothing is enough, and nothing is too much. Just goodbye.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!