Dark Shadow

I ran as fast as I could through the Dark Forest with the wind blowing through my face rapidly. My hair was flicking through the air as I ran towards home. There was a dark shadow chasing me. I ran quicker and quicker but the dark shadow overpowered my speed. He started running faster, and Faster, and Faster. Then suddenly he grabbed me harshly, and I was in the arms of the dark shadow.
It all started when Sophie came out to the Dark Forest to go to her secret tree house to get away from her bossy dad. Sophie’s mother had died from cancer sadly and was left with her mean dad. Sophie had to sneak out of the house quietly to get away from home, somewhere she could do anything at all that is possible.
So she came to her tree house in the Dark Forest. She went inside ducking down to get inside the tiny door. She was looking at the picture of her and her mother she hung on the wall, and then saw from the corner of her eye a black shadow floating past. She thought it was her imagination but then she saw it again. She felt a gust of wind and her hair started flying through air. Then a black shadow came inside her door floating in the air. Sophie was scared. Sophie was a brave and athletic girl, but could be very frightened.
She stepped one step back shacking. “Who, who are you?” Sophie asked. Then, Sophie heard squeals of loud wind. Sophie screamed and jumped out through the emergency window grabbing tight to her emergency rope and swung down. The black shadow was already there. “Ah!” She screamed. She ran quickly through the forest and that was when everything went wrong...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!