Heaven Or Hell?

He has several dozen ringlets of jet black hair which smells like honeydew. His cologne, Obsession by Calvin Klein, is radiating from his skin; a dark, beige tone. He is 5”7, weighs 75kg’s and has freckles scattered loosely over his nose which illuminate with the moonlight. His eyes change colour endlessly. One day, they are a dark, french navy and the next, they’re a crimson colour with shades of hazel. Today, it’s the palest aquamarine and tomorrow, it will suddenly change to a strong emerald shade. Everything about him is perfect. The way his eye’s align with his small nose and the look of his smooth, peachy lips. His name is Eli Stevenson and he is 17. Running her fingers through his hair is Lily Atsim. She has a strong wave in her lengthy, light brown hair which smells like butterscotch. Her perfume, Circus by Britney Spears, is seeping through her translucent skin. She is 5”2, weighs 53kg’s and is 16. She has radiant sapphire’s substituted for her eye’s and looks like a super model.
I see their face’s lean towards each other and their lips touch softly. I feel my heart being pierced as I shift my focus to my pale feet so I don’t have to watch this. After about 10-15 seconds, I look up inexorably and, to my surprise, Lily is gone. I see Eli pacing his bedroom, back and forth, back and forth until he collapses onto the bed. It takes me a few seconds to realise he is crying. And not light sobbing either, I’m talking heartfelt tears which are severely dampening his bright bed cover. I was just about to walk into his bedroom to comfort him, when Lily walked back in. She sits down next to Eli and they begin talking. I cannot quite hear what they are saying, so I step through the window and into the room. Neither Eli or Lily gives me a glance and they continue talking.
“It’s been 7 month’s. I suppose it’s time to move on. But every time I start getting feeling’s for someone else, I see her face,” I hear Eli state softly, in his low, quivering voice, which I love.
Lily doesn’t reply. She just lowers her head on his shoulder, comforting Eli; which, I might mention, used to be my job. I cringe as Eli lifts Lily’s face and plants a long, soft kiss on her pearl coloured lips.
I lift my non-existent hand and brush it gently along Eli’s harsh cheek bone. Of course I don’t feel anything and, no doubt, he doesn’t either. I turn around to face his mahogany cupboard. I am just about to walk through his thick wall into Canvas Road, when I look back swiftly and see Eli’s perfect face, intertwined with Lily’s. My eye’s become immensely blurry as I begin heading home which, since 7 month’s ago, is heaven. However, I don’t call it that. I can’t call it that. Because Eli isn’t with me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!