Happy Valentine’s Day

I was glad it was 3 o’clock. All the love sick girls and boys were gone, celebrating Valentine’s Day somewhere else. Once again, I’m the last to leave the room.
“You take your time to leave, Riley.” Said a voice from the front of the classroom. I looked around, it was Julian, my friend from primary.
“Gee, I know I’m beautiful but you don’t have to stare.” He laughed.
“You sure think highly of yourself.” I replied poking him in the chest.
“I really do.” Laughing to himself, again.
I gave him my normal ‘are you stupid’ look and headed for the door. Julian blocked the door as I tried to leave, “Do you want me to punch you!” I threatened him, only making him laugh more.
He held the desk for support while holding his hand up telling me to wait, I folded my arms and waited.
“I‘m sorry.” He apologised straightening up. “I’m just here to annoy you.” Holding out his hand.
“Fine, I forgive you.” I said as I shook his hand.
Julian’s face lit up, “Want me to walk you home?”
“Umm, I guess.” I stared into his eyes. “What are you up to?” I asked suspiciously.
“Nothing!” he stated, “Just being a good friend is all.” He moved aside letting me leave first, then followed close behind.
It started to rain as we left the school, Julian pulled a black umbrella out of his bag, protecting us both from the rain.
Rumble! Rumble!
“Ahh!” I screamed, gripping onto Julian, “Why does there have to be thunder? I hate thunder.” I complained. I could hear the rain hitting the top of the umbrella.
Julian started to blush when he realised his hand was still around my shoulders from before. He quickly moved back, “S-Sorry”.
“It’s ok.” I said blushing.
“I can’t believe you’re still scared of storms.”
“I’m not! I just didn’t expect it!!” I yelled at him.
I didn’t notice the cement curb in front of me and tripped, “Oww! Forgot that was there.”
“I suggest shin pads.” He said as he pulled me up with one hand, “And thanks.”
I looked up confused. “For what? Tripping? My skirt didn’t fly up did it?” I asked, worried.
Julian grinned. ”No, thanks for being my friend. I probably wouldn’t have survived school if you weren’t there.”
I blushed, “No problem.” I stared down at my feet, thinking of what to say next.
“You know, I’m glad we’re friends, I just hope we can be more” Julian said.
“More?” I asked, unsure of what he meant.
He bent down so we were at eye level. His face was so close I could feel his breath on my cheeks.
Julian leaned in closer and whispered into my ear, “I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time.” His lips gently swept over mine. I moved closer to him, wrapping my arms around him. He pulled back and stared into my eyes, “Happy Valentine’s Day.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!