Heartless

I cannot feel my heart beating but I can hear it loud and clear.

I’m lying on my bed, slowly falling to sleep, my tiny little dog sleeping quietly under my blanket. I dosed off into a deep sleep, I’m talking to someone but I don’t know who. I have had this same dream since I was seven years old, I wonder what it means. I woke up to get ready for school my mum was baking pancakes she was very happy for some reason, she must feel bad about something, She was dressed up beautifully. “Mum, what are you doing?” I said very confused.

“I got a job to work at your school as a teacher aide, I’m sorry, you probable didn’t want me at your school for the rest of your high school years but I have to pay the rent somehow”, she said nervously.

“It’s ok mum, I only have a year and half”, I said hoping she would believe me.

I went to school quickly so I could see my friends and tell them about the news they could see I was worried and left me to think. I had English first and we were watching a movie for our assignment the movie was a remake of the old movie called “Freaky Friday”. It was seriously boring.

I had metal shop class next all the boys in the class are such tormenters, do they think that us, girls don’t talk to each other I just don’t get it, there so thick. Anyway, we’re making a storage container made out of some sort of metal, all we have to do now is make the lid so we can take it home.

At lunch, I got to see my boyfriend he was waiting for me at the stairs where we always sit, its great sitting there because it’s always shady and quiet. My friends sit there too there always gossiping about, well, everything. The bell rang again I said bye to my friends, my boyfriend walked me to my maths class and we said goodbye as soon as I got in the classroom and sat in my chair I fell asleep I had that dream again but this time I could see what I was talking to, it was a heart it was saying I must stay with my boyfriend if I want to be healthy. My teacher woke me up and said get to work.

The bell rang again and my friend was waiting at the door for me saying I should break up with my boyfriend because he is cheating on me with this girl I really hate. I saw my boyfriend and asked him if it was true he said yes, I dumped right on the spot I fell to the ground as my chest was throbbing, they took me to the hospital and the doctors said my heart is damaged and I have a half, half chance of living through the surgery. Mum started crying and I went through surgery and can out alive thankfully and I lived life at the extreme.
THE
END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!