Let Go

Our worlds are different, our lives are different but I didn’t care and neither did you. I’ve never thought that as years were to fly by so would you. How you left me so tragically, no goodbyes – nothing. I guess you didn’t know it took me months if not years to find you. Searching everywhere yet never knowing you’re so near, so close by. Maybe just maybe you’re my prejudice – something I could barely notice till the last -minute. I guess it’s too late for a new beginning, how I should have realised. I should have listened to your every words; jokes and lies. Those lies, those white lies you told me. If only I’ve seen though you from the very beginning, maybe I wouldn’t be hurt now.
Could it just be fate?
My memories, the memories of us; those precious memories are what remains. It pains me to see you but my heart aches if I don’t. Even ever so secretly without you noticing, as if I’m your personal stalker, personal angel watching over you. Though to always wonder if that was possible, maybe just maybe I should learn to let you go and move on but my heart; my aching heart would only and forever yearn for you. The need of your existence, the selfishness of my acts – how much it pains. At times I would wonder why I let this happen, how naïve I chose to be. I miss you.
I would go to our park, the park that brought us together every day. Sitting under the Sakura blossoms where the bench is located. Watching the children play, running around, laughing and smiling. If not, I would close my eyes to hear, feel and absorb the scent around me. Thinking back to all those times we spent together. Throughout the good and bad, memories; all that’s left. The vivid retention of what we used to be. How I miss those times.
Then again maybe it’s time, after all how many years has it been? I can’t seem to let go of you, forgetting you and all those vivid memories of us. The torment I hide within, the pain that ache, my throbbing heart; uneven heartbeats, beating for only you. Nevertheless you’ve moved on, the incommunicable words I was never able to say. Regret. All I could think of, the regret I’m feeling that grieves my every thought and emotions. Affecting me ever so strongly so painfully that I can’t even survive this, unbearable torment.
Time just can’t rewind for me, not for one reason. Even so I still don’t ever want to forget you, no matter how much I want too; it’s still impossible. To never have courage to say those simple words towards you, the heart burning sorrow that fills me. I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being so selfish, never being able to tell you my true feelings.
It’s time… I know.
It’s simple.
Let Go.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!