The Family Vacation

One day, the Stephen family went on a vacation to Hawaii. There were only three of them in the family. The dad’s name was Mark, the mum’s name was Grace and there sons name was Rob. The Stephen family seemed to travel more than birds in a migration season. Mark and Grace only travelled to get souvenirs and Rob had to go whether he liked it or not. This time, Rob was partly interested as he LOVED pineapples.
When they arrived at their Hawaiian styled hotel, Rob ran outside to get some pineapples. It was strange as they were not a yellowy colour. They were a purple colour!! It didn’t bother Rob as it tasted the same. As soon as he had eaten it he dug a hole in the sand and went to sleep.

THREE HOURS LATER...





Rob woke up with sand in his ears, mouth and nose. He could only faintly see sunlight and dug towards it. No matter how much he dug he wasn’t moving anywhere. He screamed and then footsteps ran over the faint hole of sunlight and there went his only bit of sunlight.

Rob went back to sleep and woke up in some kind of lair. Then, a man with hair as fizzy as softdrink stepped out from the darkness. Rob screamed. He said “D.. Doc.. DOCTOR FIZZES!!!!” Doctor Fizzes was the evilest, most meanest man you could ever imagine. “What do you want?” Rob just managed to get out through a stutter. “Oh.. Oh nothing!!” Doctor Fizzes mimicked. “Only for you to tell me where you can get the nicest pineapple softdrink!!” Doctor Fizzes said with an evil laugh.

“Hawaii. Duh.” Rob said trying to sound more confident than he actually was. “So I’m assuming you were the one that infected the pineapples with fizzy softdrink?” Doctor Fizzes looked him dead in the eye. “Fizzy Pineapple softdrink did you say?” he said sounding interested. “Well yeah. The pineapple I had was extremely sweet and fizzy.” Said Rob, with his teeth sounding grey. “Ok fine. I’ll let you out as long as you bring me all the purple pineapples as you can find.” Doctor Fizzes trying to sound much nicer than he actually was.

When Rob collected a pineapple, he threw it over his head and Doctor Fizzes started to eat as faster than a cheater could run. After finding all the purple pineapples on the beach, he heard a THUMP. He turned around and saw Doctor Fizzes in a hole in a sleep. And, that was the last anyone saw of Doctor Fizzes.

************
When Rob returned to his hotel, his parents said “Where have you been young man?” “Oh, only on the best adventure of my life” he said highly impressed with himself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!