Leo Kayo, Boy Spy


Things looked tough for Leo Kayo, as he dangled by his feet above a tank of hungry box jellyfish. From the suspension bridge above him, his evil enemy, Van Buff, laughed wickedly.
"How are you going to escape vis one, Kayo?" he cackled in a Russian accent.
"Cut the line."
The words were colder than Leo's cousin putting ice down the back of his shirt. One of Van Buff's minions pulled a machete from his belt and positioned himself for a nice, clean swipe at the rope which held Leo above the jellyfish. But a good spy knows that a field agent must always have a Plan B, and as the rope snapped, Leo fired a small grappling hook from his watch. It wrapped around the steel cables of the suspension bridge, and whisked Leo high out of the reach of the jellyfish.
But Van Buff was ready, and took off at full speed for his getaway helicopter. As his minions and himself got in, he dropped a detonator out the door.
"Goodbye, Agent Kayo!"
The helicopter flew up through a large hatch in the roof of the warehouse. Leo had to think fast. The detonator was set for thirty seconds. It was already down to twenty. Leo quickly untangled his grappling hook and started his jet-back-pack.
Ten, nine, eight . . .
Leo aimed for the same hatch Van Buff had used.
Seven, six, five . . .
The jet-back-pack started and Leo shot up at full speed.
Four, three, two . . .
He was nearly there.
One.
The detonator exploded, just as Leo reached the hatch. The entire warehouse erupted in a ball of fire. He flew to the left and after Van Buff.
"Sir, we've got a tail." said one of Van Buff's minions.
"Where?" said the other one.
"Not that sort of tail, stupid. Agent Kayo!" growled Van Buff. He picked up a machine gun and aimed for Leo. Leo was too smart, though.As the stream of bullets came at him, Leo turned the jet-back-pack on to full speed and flew over the top of the helicopter. There was a small explosion as the propeller was destroyed.
"Oh, dear." said Van Buff as the helicopter fell.
"Don't worry, Boss, we'll get him next time." said one minion, as Van Buff got up.
Suddenly a plane flew in front of Leo. He hit it and went spiralling down and broke every bone in his body.

Leo jumped up in bed. It had been such an awesome dream, until the plane accident.
His Elmo alarm clock started going off:
"Elmo says, it's time to wake up!"
Leo smacked it and got out off bed, ready for whatever adventures this day was about to bring.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!