One Bullet.one Wish

My whole life is inside a little glass. My unfit, bizarre life. The glass was being tipped upside down and I was slowly slipping toward the bottom and I could see the doom outside the fit little circle that protected me. I looked back and only saw my own reflection, my dark, gazing eyes and the desperate look overtook my complexion. I was falling through darkness into nothing. In my small, broken life I was nobody, I had nobody. Normally everyone has somebody to love them, but no one. Not only my life was broken, but I was too. I see now how I was trapped, the glass would not let anyone in, I was stuck, doomed. But now I fall into death, and its peaceful. I could feel my eyes shutting, they were like the sun at the end of the day, departing on the world and leaving us with only darkness. Now the world is only ashes and only I can see it. If only I could speak, my actions are me words, sometimes that is not enough…
Still I fall, emotionless, heartless and sightless, I can only imagine where I’m heading, heaven, white fluffy clouds, big golden gates, a huge man playing the role of god, Or is it whatever I want it to be? A place where peace exists, no one is cruel and there is only sun and water and a place where I can walk the moon. Maybe I’ll be falling forever, maybe I’ll never get there, may go back to my glass trap. It was then that I fell into her eyes, deep, blue ice that froe my heart, and made me shiver, I thought I died all over again. Rich, black hair and petite pink lips, it was a perfect human being in front of me, she was not falling, but floating, like an angel, she was beautiful and pale skinned. Rosy-red cheeks, her pupils were small, black and bare, her eyelashes long and thick, her nose was cute and perfectly shaped. Her body was almost bare, she wore a thin, long flowing patterned material that fitted her so perfectly that she made it look absolutely flawless. “One wish” she spoke, freeing my heart once again, with that cold stare. Every thought went through my head and I told myself not t waste. My glass was gone, there was no way of bringing it back. One bullet to the head, sending me to heaven, could never be taken back. I will never apologize to myself. One life gone. One wish. My anger grew inside of me as my curiosity sank. I stood on a hill and looked out over the horizon, pieces of tiny glass fell around me, my trap was shattered, no longer looking out of a glass anymore, I was free, I was a bird soaring the world, I was alive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!