That Silver Locket

Sitting in the gloomy forest, my eyes are burning as the fog seeps through the dark. My hands are shaking when the men whisper to one another. The tears streaming down my light blue cheeks are dropping on my shaded blue trousers. Snowflakes storm through the sky, landing all through my hair.

“We should run before anyone sees us,” the man whispered while putting his violet beanie on. A simple nod from his head made me worry. Sneaking past, in my black woolly boots, I stared through the pine trees and listened. They were talking about the golden jewel that was in the Marveler Museum. The two men started a slow jog, and then it turned into a rapidly wild run. I slowly followed but I lost them. I wondered, when they were no longer to be seen. Thinking to myself, I saw something gleaming in my eyes. I searched through the snow and found a silver locket that had been stolen from the Saint Milfred Jewellery store just three days ago.


A light bulb flashed above my head. I had an idea. I paused a second time just to make sure I new I had it. I ran like the wind to the police station but half way there I bumped into a tall man with a light blue shirt and a pretty golden badge that had the words engraved, ”Chief Constable”. I immediately apologized but he was wondering why I was in such a hurry.
“Whoa slow down there. What is the problem? ” the tall, scary policeman asked. I had no time to explain and I had been told by my mother to never speak to strangers or people I didn’t know. I finally got to the police station and ran in and saw the man I had seen previously. I thought to myself and yelled, “HELP!” Everybody gathered like I had been throwing around money or something. They took me out to the back room and asked what had happened.
And then I explained, “I had been in the forest and saw two men that happened to have dropped this.”
I slowly pulled out the silver locked. They all gasped around me and one snatched it from me. “But wait,” I screamed at them. “I still have something to tell you.”
The Chief Constable turned to me, “You’re under arrest.” he yelled at me while holding a gun about half a metre away from my head.


I stared thinking hard once more but couldn’t bare it any longer. All around me was a blur but at the same time there were people staring. Even though I couldn’t see them, I new there eyes were deep in my mind. I asked wearily, “How did you know?” and then the policeman explained how video footage outside the museum had identified me at the time of the robbery.

He led me into the cell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!