On The Edge

The sharp rocks underneath my cold, soft toes plunge to the depths below as I creep closer to the edge,
I feel the crisp winds dancing over my bare skin, I feel freedom.
As I stare ahead towards the horizon I raise my head and embrace nature in all its splendour.
The end seems just out of reach, but surely achievable?
The sun peeks slowly above the horizon, a fresh day, a new goal.
Below me, a surging sea is eager to swallow me,
Waves crash against the rugged cliff face.
Ahead of me all is crystal, my plan soon to take flight.
A whistle howls, time is up,
I am heaved back to reality, captured in lethal truth.
I snap on my goggles, tear at my cap.
My pale feet dissolve into the tiled block in an attempt to hold me back
‘On your marks’... I take position in anticipation,
A loud hooting erupts from the starters direction and immediately my legs spring into action,
I am a lion leaping hungrily into the water, I break the surface...
I feel freedom, I feel myself in the surging waves at the bottom of the cliff, and I am home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!