Uluru

It is a forty degree day in the Northern Territory.The browns specks of our Indigenous brothers and sisters are just in sight.The smell of fire fills my nostrils and the dry heat causes beads of sweat to trickle down my face and back.I could hear the loud drumming of cicadas in the nearby trees.
Uluru,a huge,bright momolith fills most of the scene.I can also see a jet black tree,probably burnt by fire.Small green shrubs dot the landscape,contrasting with the red earth.The smoke from the distant campsites billows above Uluru.
I see red all around me;Uluru,the sun and the dirt.Uluru is an oval shaped rock that is rough.The sun,a circle in the sky,fills my piture with happiness.The microscopic dirt particles paint everything in its path.The shrubs are a feast of bush tucker for the locals.
The rainbow of colours surrounding Uluru imprints in my mind like a photograph.The natural features combined with the beautiful colours creates a magnificent picture.It is a scene that I often revisit in my imagination.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!