Was It A Dream

Whoosh! Bam! The trees in Ronald Street are swaying like mad. Inside one of the houses, a brown haired, blue eyed boy named Noah who was in grade 6, Was laying on his bed.

Everyone in Ronald Street was asleep, except Noah. So Noah decided to sneak out into his beautiful backyard. Noah was swinging on his tyre swing, that hung from the old wattle tree, when it fell to the ground with the swing on top of him. He got up in pain and went and got a bandaid to cover his cut up. It was really hurting but Noah knew he couldn’t tell anyone because he was supposed to be in bed. Noah then went back out side. Noah heard a crashing noise down the street so he decided to go and check it out.

Noah was running as fast as he could down the street when Boom! Bam! Boo! Noah fell down a hole. All he could see were swirls, colours and he could hear whizzing sounds. Noah began to scream. The whizzing sounds got louder……………..and louder…………and louder………….until………………..plonk!

Noah landed on a bed in a dark room. With a tall, black-haired, mean looking lady looking straight down at him. Noah began to ask the lady,
“Who are you and where am I?”
The lady screeched in a high-pitched voice.
“ I am Lysander, the queen of this land and you are in my magical land now and you can’t get out. Ever! Ever! Ever!”

Queen Lysander walked out of the room. Noah began to shiver, his teeth clattering together. He was feeling really scared. Then he remembered the movies where if you sleep everything will be the same as it was before he fell down the hole. So he carefully and silently lifted the doona over his head and fell sound asleep.

When he woke he was standing near the hole where he fell in the night before. He started thinking how can I be here. Everything was the same in his dream. Noah ran home and every night when Noah fell asleep he dreamed of what happened that one strange night.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!