Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer
By Lily Lancaster

SMASH! The mouldy monster was beating up the ballerina, when the dancer kicked the green figure in the skull and crushed him to the ground with her dainty foot. The gargantuan gory monster could have been defeated until.....
“Jake are you listening”
“Y-yess miss-s”
“What’s the answer then Jake?”,
“Uhhhh I don’t know miss”
“Well if you don’t stop daydreaming you’ll have a seat in summer school”.
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I mean summer school can’t be that bad I would rather play soccer or eat chocolate though. Stupid summer school you could be stuck in there for days knowing Mrs Fiddley.
“JAKE!”
“Yes miss”
“Were you daydreaming again?”Mrs Fiddley questioned harshly ,
“N-noo m-miss just working out my m-maths” I stuttered,
“ Well if spelling is what you call maths then your pretty dimb witted, get a move on Jake” the teacher said with a strong sigh.

Walking home I thought to myself “I just about got through the rest of the day without wandering of to dream land “ I was proud.

Urggh first thing at school is a math quiz .Urghhhh I hate math quizzes I will probably wander off .” 8 x 26” Mrs fiddley calls. I write 46 not caring about my scores and ……..”JAKE’…..”JAKE”. I was woken from my imagination by huge surprise. I knew that voice and this time it wasn’t the teachers. A big black storm like shadow towered over me. Her ear piercing shouts made me wince and tremble. I was doomed for good and I knew it .”Jake Maloney” the voice screeched.This was not going to be nice.
”Do I hear you are day dreaming in class” she screamed the sound of her high pitched voice made me want to run. I turned around to see a big tall figure looming over me wearing a black coat and trousers with a baby pink top underneath. Slowly my eyes travelled to her face ARAHH a chunky monobrow, short cropped black hair, fierce green eyes.
”y-yy-es M-miss Man-naf-fold”.a cold stone dropped to my stomach, I could have screamed I opened my mouth to say something but my words didn’t come out. I gasped in air and tried to make a sound. Failure .Sweat ran down my back now as the principal clenched her teeth tightly,
“Jake try your best to stop day dreaming ,ok! I’ll give you a week no dreams, no summer school got it young man”.
“no worries miss” I stuttered. Harshly miss manifold marched out the door her tight lips stretched up in the corners you could see she was smiling now.

Quickly I spun around ,cold sweat surrounded me there was even a small puddle on my seat. I felt relieved she was gone though. I found a book ripped out a page and wrote on it “FROM THIS DAY ON I WILL NEVER DAYDREAM AGAIN”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!