Nightmare

Gina walked across the dark forest searching quietly trying to find her brother John. The wind blew her hair across her face. It was really getting dark. The tree branches were like hands waving freely across the sky. All the animals and plants were asleep, though the nocturnal were searching for their breakfast. Gina tip toed quietly towards the dark and creepy forest. She was scared and frightened but had the determination to find her brother. Gina tried calling her brother but the sound echoed through the trees and bushes. Every plants and tree stayed still like a statue. Strips of moonlight shone through the open branches giving light to the dark place. Owls flew from tree to tree as snake slithered silently across the floor. From a far distance away she saw a dim yellow light. Silently Gina followed the light. She was frightened when she heard howling noises coming from the light. As Gina crawled up quietly, she broke a branch. A humongous beast appeared with blood dripping down his jaws. The beast crabbed his hand and grabbed Gina. Gina screamed with fear. Her heart was pounding very fast. The beast jaws opened wide. Gina woke up and screamed. Her parents ran up to her and asked if she was ok. Sweat dripped down her face. After all it was just a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!