Zowlu Impact

Earth had been invaded by the Zowlay. Its surface was black. The streets were deserted. Smoke was everywhere. Civilians had retreated to the underground bunkers, which were originally constructed for government and royalty. Many months after, the people decided to come out. As they emerged they saw signs of regrowth on the black, burnt trees. They knew they had a lot of work ahead of them.

A year on, the cities were booming with life again. Small craters were scattered all over the earth’s surface, evidence of the past invasion.
Space radars had been installed and scientist’s started studying space again. A new planet had appeared. The planet was rotating on the same axis as planet Zowlay. Scientists named the new planet, Zowlu. After examining the planet, the scientists noticed Zowlu had started coming off its axis and was heading straight towards earth. Alarms went off everywhere. Scientists tried to estimate how long it would be until planet Zowlu smashed into earth!

The government began working on an idea, to save earth. During those long days of thinking, an officer came up with the most ridiculous idea, but it could work. His plan was decided on. With little time left, the government got everyone working on the plan. They knew it would be a success!

Finally, the plan was completed. Scientists were able to estimate how much time was left until Zowlu hit earth. The time was 2 days and 23 minutes. Civilians retreated to the side of the earth that was not going to be hit. Now, there were only 23 minutes left until Zowlu smashed into earth. In those last minutes, those that had worked on the plan were literally getting “brown pants”.
Then . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . It happened!

A giant dust wave swept across the land, the people on the other side of the earth could feel the impact. Trees went flying, lakes had there water swept out of them, it was devastating. It took days to settle. Then the army came to investigate the crash site. The ground around them was unrecognizable. Later, everyone could come and look at the site. There were two white lines marked, that went all the way around earth. Soon, it was time to put the plan into action. The two white lines started to crack. Minutes later the earth began cracking into two. As the earth cracked open, planet Zowlu rolled in like a giant ping pong ball, ready to be shot out and played with. There was a giant slingshot in the centre. Once Zowlu rolled onto it, the weight of the planet made it stretch to its max. Then Zowlu was flung out through earth’s atmosphere, past planet Zowlay, and far into space. On earth, the people were cheering. But once again, they had a lot of work to do!
The end.





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!