The Fishing Trip

One day Nathan and Paul were driving to the Tackle World shop in Margaret River. They were going to get the gear to catch a big snapper out at sea. “What’s the gear we need to catch a big snapper?” asked Paul.

“Shimano 4000 reel, fluro mono line, red hooks and 1kg sinkers. That’s what we need to catch a big snapper,” said Brock.

“What boat are we going in?” asked Paul.

“That boat over there”, said Brock.

“That a good boat,” explained Paul. Let’s go fishing.”

“This fog isn’t good to fish in,” said Nathan. Brock kept driving further out to sea to the right spot to catch snapper. Brock and Paul dropped the anchor to the bottom of the sea floor. Nathan was already fishing for snapper. Paul and Brock cast in. Nathan and Paul caught eight kilo snappers, Brock caught two kilo snappers.

The fog got too bad so they decided to go back to land. Brock just realised that the GPS batteries had died. Brock reckoned he could drive them back in.

Brock had driven them out to sea. Paul turned on boat light to try find batteries. They looked all over the boat and couldn’t find 4 AA batteries. “We can’t find the batteries,” said Nathan.

They kept looking for batteries Nathan’s line caught a fish it was a big thresher shark. The boat was rocking so hard Brock was trying to get the fish in the boat when he fell over board. They couldn’t find Brock in this fog. “Brock Brock Brock!” yelled Nathan. There wasn’t any reply. But Nathan was happy because he caught a big thresher shark.

They found 4 AA batteries in one of the little compartments. They put them in GPS and know where to go but need to find Brock fast because fuel will run out soon.

Phil just remembered he had a headlight on and turned it on to help Paul and Nathan found bt what he didn’t know that there was a killer shark sniffing his scent.

Paul and Nathan noticed the light. “Head for that light!” yelled Nathan. Paul turned on the engine and headed for the light.

They found Brock. Nathan had just noticed the fuel tank was empty. They searched the boat for fuel but can’t find any. “This is hopeless,” said Nathan.

Brock looked for towels to get dry and found fuel so they can get home. It was just enough to get home.

Brock said he would never go fishing with them ever again. Nathan and Paul agreed to that.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!