Violin

Violin
I’m sitting in this dark dirty violin case and haven’t been touched for years, decades! I see a twinkling light, it gets bigger and bigger and brighter and brighter. I feel warm inside. I feel my strings tighten, I hear music, it brings back memories. Like when the little girl Emily would play me for hours and hours but one dreadful day the electric guitar came out, that wretched thing. I was locked away Emily no longer loved me. Time went b,y cobwebs grew upon me.

But now someone was playing me, could it be another child to stroke my strings? It was a young boy called Charlie he took me to the park, at first it was great to be outside in the fresh clean air, but horror struck! Monstrous flying things came towards us, Charlie called them birds.
Magpies squawked and swooped Charlie, before I knew it I was flying through the air. Charlie had tossed me with fright. I was falling down, down, down then SPLASH!! I was filling up with water I was in the pond destined never to be found again.
But just then I was in for a surprise, I was lifted up out of the water and when I looked up it was a man, a very old man. He took me back to his house he was quiet and gentle. He cleaned me up and fixed my torn strings and took me to the theatre where he played me in front of the queue with his 8 year old daughter Loretta who danced as he played. I felt like I was part of a family again!!!



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!