Jumping To Conclusions

Dear Diary, 4:50pm 23rd December
It’s been three days since I left home. Camp has been pretty good. I can’t wait for Christmas though! But I’ll miss Mum and Dad. It will be my first Christmas away from them. I’m going to hang out with my friends Janie and Darren though.
Dear Diary, 9:26pm
Oh my gosh! Tonight was the best night ever! The food was awesome! The chef made sausages, meats pies, mash potatoes and some chips. It was so nice! We then went out to the beach near our camp. It was so beautiful. The blue sea was crashing up to my feet. I had rolled up my jeans so they wouldn’t get wet. After a while Janie and Darren pushed me into the water at the same time! I was soaking wet! Don’t worry. I will get them back. He he. Oh no! I can’t find my backpack! It’s got all my stuff inside! My MP3, Laptop, and my phone! I thought I left it in my cabin before dinner! I’m going to look for it tomorrow.
Dear Diary, 5:30am 24th December
I got up early today to look for my backpack. I don’t know where it could be. Sigh. There is one person who might have taken it to get back at me-well, two, really. The Fizzle twins. I’ll see if I can sneak into their room. Bye!
Dear Diary, 6:10am
It wasn’t there! Bummer! But I can’t believe Janie and Darren! They are so mean. They stole my backpack. Well they have one exactly like mine. And it’s full of all my stuff. I accused them of stealing my stuff and then they went off! We were arguing for about 10 minutes! Now they aren’t my friend! So now all I have is you. I could talk to you and no one would ever know! Well I’ve got to go to breakfast now.
Dear Diary, 12:55pm
I couldn’t eat breakfast or lunch because Darren and Janie wouldn’t even look at me let alone talk to me! But I’m going to say sorry at dinner. Oh...Happy Christmas Eve!

Dear Diary, 7:23am 25th December
Miracles do happen on Christmas! It seems that the Fizzle twins did steal my backpack! And that Janie and Darren were just returning it to me when my big mouth accused them. I said sorry and we had a big bear hug. I love those types of hugs. They are the best kind. We told the teacher that the Fizzle’s stole my backpack and they got sent home. Whoopee! No more Fizzle trouble. Mum and Dad sent me some chocolate, credit for my phone, book, jumper, $60.00. But I felt so bad that I accused Janie and Darren so I gave them $10.00 each. We’re all happy. My Christmas lesson is: Don’t Jump to Conclusion. I have to go now. Merry Christmas!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!