Tell Mummy Not To Cry!

It was mid autumn in melbourne and most people were inside getting warm by their fire places, as the red and gold leaves blew up and down in the wind.it was getting dark and the lights from the hospital in Wilmaga were lit, their power giving light to the whole street.
In room 7 a little girl and her brother lay in bed in coma as their mother and Doctor Sam wacthed with hope that they would wake up.
"I think Sally's waking up," their mother whispered to the docter as they stood watching the little girl.
Sally opened her eyes but it hurt to much so she had to close them.
"Where am i?" she asked "My head hurts, and my legs and my arms! What happened to me ?"
"Sally," her mother answered, calmly " you are at the hospital with your brother Andy."
" B...But what happened, Mum?"
"We were driving to uncle David, remember? and as we were turning a bend, a huge truck..."
Sally didn't hear anymore.She was fast asleep all her bones acing.
"crashed right into the back of our car! i just got a few cuts and scratches but you and Andy got really hurt. Do you fell any better, Sally?"
"Sally...?"
"i think she's fallen asleep again." "Bbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp"!" went the heart moniter " and i'm afraid Andy'stopped breathing."
Mother went out of the roomto cry.
"Why aren't i the one that has to suffer? i don't want to see my children die, Lord?"
Back in room 7, Sally woke up and opened her eyes.
"Docter Sam!" she called
" yes dear!"
" i want you to tell mummy to stop crying" she whispered ".
Doctor Sam had to come closer to hear her.
" tell mummy to stop crying beacuse i just went to see the place where Andy went and it's beautiful. More lovely then anything anyone has ever seen on earth! When i went up there in heaven, i God told me that i have to go too. But i am happy to go , since it is so beautiful and i also saw Daddy there with Andy!" she stopped to take a breath. " so tell Mummy not to worry because we will be in God's good hands. And also tell her that very soon she will be there to. Tell her to get ready."
Sally took one last breath and then went to the place she loved.
With tears in his eyes Doctor Sam went and told mother what she had said. Mother cried but doctor reminded her not to and said " i want to know about what you belive because i want to end up where Sally ended up too!"
Six months later, just as Sally had said Mother had a heart attack and was sent to the hospital, where just before she died she said to Doctor Sam.
"i am going to meet Sally and Andy and my husband in heaven.Love Gog with all your heart and live by his laws, so you to can come and meet us in your time.
" Farewell!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!