New Talent

I’d like to dedicate this to my Mum who went this through with me and encouraged me to keep going.

Elise Dean nearly vomited when she saw the long peach frilly dress.
“Oh gross Mum, I am not wearing that to that dumb Miss Universe thing,” Elise replied.
“Oh please Elise, you could become Miss Universe!” pleaded Mrs Dean.
Elise shook her head, stubbornly. She was 16 and who wanted to be Miss Universe anyway? Probably those stuck-up, spoilt kids like Laura Star. Elise and her Mum were in Opal, a popular clothes store. Mrs Dean bought the dress anyway and strode out of the store. Elise grabbed a leaflet of the counter just as she went past.

The Ashton Pythons against the Austin Spirits! Come and Watch in Kennedy Stadium!

Elise begged her Mum to go and watch. Mrs Dean finally agreed and dropped Elise and Elise’s best friend, Avril at the Kennedy Stadium. Ashton Pythons were black and purple and Austin Spirits were green and blue. The sport was rollerblading. The Austin Spirits won. As Elise received an autograph from one of the Ashton Pythons, the girl grinned.
“Hey you could try out rollerblading with us, be in our team,” the girl said.
So Elise tried out even though her Mum complained.
“Hey you made it!” the girl said as arrived at the place the girl had said.
“Yeah, my name’s Elise Dean,” Elise smiled.

“I’m Indianna Storm,” the girl replied. Elise trained with the Ashton Pythons and their coach, Blazer and soon it was the first competition against the Austin Spirits. The rest of the team was Kelly, the African-Australian who was really tough but kind, the Moonstone sisters, Eliza and Mags who were both strong and big, Jules the tough girl who was a mother already, Sienna the really athletic girl and Indianna and Elise. Elise was super fast so while the team blocked Austin Spirits, Elise would speed to the front and collect points. Elise started off on the sidelines with Jules. Austin’s got a point. Soon Austin Spirits had 35 and Ashton Pythons had 35. Whoever won the next point would win. Elise and Jules were on. Elise started off head-to-head with the other team’s captain, Kiandra at the front. The whistle beeped. Elise took off quickly skating on the smooth icy ground. Kiandra was right behind. Kiandra followed everywhere Elise went to make Elise huffy. Elise concentrated blocking out everything. She put in her full energy and slid into the End. The crows cheered and Ashton Pythons went wild. Elise grinned and knew from now on she didn’t need to worry about the Miss Universe dresses.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!