Magical

As I walk, I find myself in a lovely, warm, beautiful, fascinating area.

I spy old and mossy archways - ruins? They stand tall, curved - and I think proud. They look old - why?

As I touch one of the many ruins, I fell the lumpy, yet smooth touch run through my hands.

I feel the soft, moss fill the gaps between my fingers.

I smell the fresh new flowers rising from the chocolate brown coloured soil.

I hear young birds calling their mother for food, in the nearby trees.

I taste the freedom of the air, the dew from the grass, the pollen from the flowers, everything!

I study the mysterious ruins; I try my hardest to see past the apple green moss covering the beautiful ruins.

I am now standing in the centre of the area. I turn continuously around looking at all the sights - sea blue skies, tree green hills and mighty white, perfectly placed clouds.

I stand still for a dull moment - I think there is nothing left for me to do, how could that be?

As I think of things I could do, I feel a heavy raindrop fall on my nose; a million more come crashing down! What do I do? I have to think quickly, out of nowhere I ran straight to the closest ruin, this shelter will have to do.

As I am waiting under the ruin I become tired ... When I closed my eyes all my senses were on the go!

I can picture all the ruins getting destroyed, I hear guns going off, people getting hurt, people calling for help. This is all too much for me to take in, is that what really happened? Why would they fight here, why would they want to destroy a lovely landmark like this?

I take deep breaths, to calm me down, take all the pressure off.

It is now four o-clock; unfortunately I have to go now. I promise I will come here again.

This is my magical area - hear that, mine! I am calling this my magical place because everything I see is magical - the grass, the flowers, the clouds, the skies, everything, absolutely everything.

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!