Leap Of Faith

“Go on,” I hear my friends call from behind. I stare all the way down the board and wonder what is waiting for me at the end, “Don’t slow down, just sprint all the way.” I bend my knees ready to start running, and just like that I’m off. As I draw nearer to the water I feel my heart beat getting louder and louder, faster and faster, and just as I think my chest will explode I reach the edge of the board, and jump.

The world around me seems to freeze. I feel my stomach vanish. I look down and see the fast approaching water; I look up and see a fresh blue sky disappear as I plunge into the depths below. I feel the water rushing past my ears as I peel open my eyes and look around, rays of sunlight dance in the water, bouncing off the walls wobbling over waves and sparkling all round me. It is quiet down here, no noises to disturb me; nothing is here, no war, no fighting, no anger or tears, simply quiet tranquility. I want this moment to last forever, but it doesn’t.

Suddenly I feel something crawling up my legs, I look down and I am met by a cloud of bubbles. They rise up and surround me; I can feel myself rising up with them, almost as though they are carrying me to the surface. Finally my head rises out of the water, and I fill my lungs with air.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!