Under The Sea

Under The Sea By Alec Latham 3KR Caloundra City School
c/o Caloundra City School PO BOX 517, Caloundra, 4551
age: 8

“You really did it?” Blackey asked his parents.
“Yes we mean it.” Sighed Blackey’s Dad.

“We only did it because we realised that you’d stop bugging us if we let you have a dog.” Said Blackey’s Mum. You see for the last ten years Blackey had been asking for a dog. Finally his parents had cracked. While they drove to the pet store, Blackey was bouncing up and down in his seat.
“I can’t wait I can’t wait.” He was muttering under his breath. Finally (which to Blackey felt like ages) they got to the pet store.

There were cats there and they were quite a racket. Eventually they found the dog column. There were so many dogs that Blackey didn’t know which one to choose. Suddenly, Blackey found a little white one. He pulled it out of the cage.
“This one please.” He asked his parents.
“All right but we not giving you anything else again.” Said Blackey’s Dad sternly. But Blackey wasn’t listening.
“I’m going to call you Blackey.” He said.
“Oh-no.” Joked Blackey’s Dad.
“Not another Blackey.” When they got home Blackey made a surprise announcement.
“I’m going to the Great Barrier Reef with Blackey.”
“You’re going with yourself?” Asked Blackey’s Dad grinning.

So they did. It took ages but they finally they got there. They hopped in their submarine and sped off. They were just at the bottom of the sea when there was a loud clunk!

They were being attacked by an octopus! Blackey who was outside in the time was hit by one of the tentacles. He had just picked himself up when another tentacle came towards him!

He dived into the submarine and they sped off. The octopus tried to pull them back but wasn’t fast enough. Finally they burst out of the water.

Every one was there! When they got out everyone cheered and hugged them. They nicknamed them the underwater survivors.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!