Ok Then

I sit there on the cliff,staring down my next victim. I am a noble and valient creature. I am a falcon. Talons razor sharp, Beak as lean as can be and feathers dotted and brown. On top of the bluemountains I waited patiently for a hare or smaller bird of some sort to settle my need for food.

Hours past with no sign of food, It was getting dark and a cold breeze chills me to my bones. Then I hear something, the smell of fresh pumping blood makes me starve even more. I scan the ground to see where the noise is comming from then I see the bushes rustling, a head emerges. It was a skrawny hare, enough to be table scraps.

"It will have to do" I said to myself as I Swooped down screeching my terrible voice. With a small whine of pain from the hare I flew back up to my porch with my win held tightly in my cold sharp grip.Tender hare meat sliding down my throat feeding my hunger. When I was finished with this small serving i threw the carcass
over the cliff.

On the cold rocks of the blue mountains, Still hungry I sat and watched for again another sign of victory. A tussle of leaves starts the short life of another creatures end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!