Saving Easter

After the long journey on the plane (my friends) Katie, George and I flew into Greece. We soon arrived at the house we were staying at.
Later we were in bed when I heard some scratching at the window. Scared I ran to the window. Then I heard scratching at the door.
I put on my dressing gown and shook Katie and George. They woke up, put on their dressing gowns and followed me to the door after I told them what happened. I opened the door and peeped out. Katie and George stepped in front of the door.
“Ebony, there is nothing to be afraid of!” Katie said huffily. “You woke me up for nothing!” George nodded.
“BOO!” boomed a loud, deep voice. Katie and George turned around with a jump as I screamed. “Look,” said the loud, deep voice, “I need your help. Someone stole all my EASTER EGGS! And it’s Easter tomorrow!” it whined as it jumped into the light. “Oh you’re the Easter Bunny!” I cried in delight. He told us the whole story. We told him we would help him. We followed him outside to see four biggish flying Sleighs in the shape of a bunny. The Easter Bunny told us that these were what he traveled on. He also told us he knew that the person who had stole his Easter eggs lived on a cloud castle.

We arrived at midnight. The Easter Bunny told us the plan. I took my part as George went down to deliberately get caught. Katie went down to get in the cloud castle, she was going to distract the guy who stole the Easter eggs while the Easter Bunny would look for his Easter eggs. We only had about 3 hours to get all the Easter eggs back.
I flew around the castle until I found a secret way in. I struggled through a tiny hole in the wall and found that I could just fit in it. But there in front of my eyes were hundreds of monsters! I saw the Easter Bunny looking helpless, in the middle of all the monsters, looking at 500 big sacks. I flew over all the monsters seeing some wax. I melted the wax within seconds. The monsters screamed at the top of their lungs. They ran inside the castle. I grabbed the Easter Bunny and pulled him up onto his flying bunny. The Easter Bunny flew over to the bags and dragged his hands along all of them. Instantly they all grew small. He picked up the bags and put them in a pocket in the flying bunny. We picked up George and Katie on the way out. We saw the man yelling out angrily to us. It had already been two hours. We went separate ways and delivered all the Easter eggs. There was only one more house when it had been 59 minutes. We had quickly finished and we had done it all. We had saved Easter.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!