New York Chaos

New York Chaos

Justin was a fourteen year old teenager, a blond haired kid with the very special power to heal any wound. He had picked up this skill from his father, and had now mastered it. He had an enemy though, who always wore a blue shirt. He was chasing Justin because he wanted to steal his power of healing. He was a saphyer, an evil-spirited creature pulled together by magical golden dust. Justin’s companion’s name was Bella. She was annoying and asked way too many questions and the two friends were on a holiday in New York.

Right now they were in a shop called Gob-A-Choc. Justin was searching for a particular lolly called a tongue twister. He turned around to look for it, but something in the corner of his eye looked out of place. He turned again, still there. They were being watched. Justin started walking back towards Bella, not showing the man in blue ten metres away that he knew he was there. He told Bella in whispers, but when they turned around to look, he was gone.

That night Justin couldn’t get the man in blue out of his head. “How could he have found us already?” Justin asked himself. He went to sleep with a headache.

The next morning, Justin woke up to a loud BANG! Bella had just dropped Justin’s bacon and egg breakfast on the floor. Justin did not mind that much because he was excited that they were going to the Empire State-Building.

They walked into the entrance of the building. “Man!” Justin said to himself. “It’s huge!”
They pressed the white button for the top floor and hopped into the elevator. The ride up to the top was very, very long. Justin stepped out of the elevator and was just about to look over the side of the building when Bella tugged at his arm.

“Blue man, 9 o’clock,” she whispered. Justin was about to protest when he saw something that made all of his thoughts disappear. There, right in front of him, was the blue man, holding a power sucker.

Justin looked at the blue man, gaping at the power-sucker, an ancient weapon for stealing peoples’ powers. It was pointed right at him! He turned to Bella who screamed, “I love you!”
He turned back, astonished to see a yellow spark light up in his chest. Justin fell down, his eyes squinting in the light. He could just see Bella being dragged away by the blue man.

He stared at the hole in his chest and realised there was a tingling at his fingertips. “There’s still a bit of power in me,” he whispered to himself. Thinking of all his training with his father, he used the power, and in a few seconds was standing again.

Justin stood up and stared at the blue man, who turned in surprise, dropped Bella and started walking towards him. Justin gained all of his leftover strength and punched the blue man as hard as he could. His opponent gazed at him for a moment and then crumpled back into his true form of a brilliant golden dust.

“Well,” Justin said, amazed, “That was easy.” He turned to Bella, but she wasn’t there. He turned again, only to find himself looking straight down the middle of another gleaming power-sucker. “Aaww not again!” he beamed to himself. He dropped into a crouch and once again, prepared to fight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!